Thursday, March 4, 2010

Curse of the Angels?

It seems that our team members keep getting sick! Between the flu, sinus infections, and most recently being in the hospital with pneumonia, it seems my Angels are cursed! However, by my calculations  we earned more points the 2nd week than the 1st week in terms of attendance. So, even though we've been down, we have by no means been defeated! We're still moving in the right direction and giving it our best, and that's exactly what we'll continue to do!

For those of us that haven't fallen ill to the curse, we are keeping up with our workouts, and trying new things and new classes. It's no secret to my team members that I'm a ZUMBA addict, and I have tried to recruit them on more than one occasion. A few of the Angels have come with me, and most recently was Sally. She had never taken a ZUMBA class before and we took Tavia's class on Monday. Her class stays high energy the whole time, which I love, and she engages all participants. Sally thought the class was fun and really enjoyed Tavia so she's thinking of looking into her Body Pump class as well. (Body Pump is another one of my guilty pleasures... and I'm anxiously awaiting the new release that's coming next week! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!)

I love having my Angels at the gym with me, especially when I'm not planning on getting to see them. I saw Cory and Ericalynn taking a FOCUS Gravity class together on my way to my workout, and then on my way out I bumped into Angie as she was heading to start her workout! At the beginning of this challenge, Angie's form for some of the exercises wasn't quite right so she's been working at it. Her wall sit has improved, her pushups are getting stronger, and her squat form is much better. In passing she started singing to me "I'm up in the gym, workin on my fitness, Jen you are my witness...." while showing me her improved squats. As such, I had to take a photo!





Keep up the good work Angels! We'll kick that curse's butt!

~*Jen*~

1 comment: